Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally, Indonesia!

We're finally here after hours and hours of traveling. On the way to the place we're staying at we stopped by what seems like the most structurally outrageous KFC in the entire planet! Haa haa ha... I'll post up pictures later and you can tell me what you think. ;)

Before dinner I was able to meet with some of the staff who work with the women I'll be teaching these next 2 days. It was really awesome to hear about how they were moved to develop their program and the things they are trying to do with the local women.

After talking to them, it finally hit me that I am here, in Indonesia. It feels like these past 3 years of my life has come full circle; the direction I have been guided to has been completed...

Anyhow, the heat isn't so bad here. I prepared for the worse, so it's not as bad as I thought it would be in Malang. However, when we stepped out of the plane in Surabaya, it was nasty! What is hard is getting used to the humidity... :/ Other than that, it's not bad. Mangoes are in season right now... YUM! But too bad Durians aren't. ;p I'm sure most of you can care less about that fruit though!

Today is gonna be a full day and my first day of teaching! I'm sure Leela and I will sleep very well again tonight, like we did last night. The mosques have their morning prayers at 3 am, daily. Luckily, we were awake already and I was able to hear their call to prayer and singing from the nearby mosque. It was interesting...

No comments: